The Functional Medicine System was designed with the sole purpose to implement the complex biological networks knowledge into daily patient care. As an operational system it shifts away from the classic histopathological definition of a disease and moves towards a definition based on molecular and environmental data in a holistic and deterministic way. In that manner, Functional Medicine addresses diseases not as a list of unrelated symptoms but as an integral part of a living organism.
We live approximately eighty to ninety years, but half of those years we suffer from various diseases. Very often these diseases are either Chronic or Autoimmune. To be able to handle these diseases we need to take medications for prolonged periods of time. Most of the times though, the classic medical approach deals only with the symptoms and not with the real cause(s) of a disease.
Functional Med System follows a complete Biochemical, Molecular and Genetic approach.
Specialized, innovative, accurate diagnostic Tests, at a Molecular and Genetic level, allow us to identify cellular and biochemical imbalances (Evidence Based Medicine). These tests accurately reflect the body’s Real time status. It is possible to identify vitamins, trace elements, minerals, amino acids and enzymes deficiencies and the way these are affecting cellular function. They can also detect the presence of toxins, free radicals, the state of the Nervous system, the intestinal microbiota status and the state of the mitochondrial function. These tests can unveil “silent inflammations” that are not usually evident in standard tests.
Full “Head to Toe” Medical Histories help us in collecting all information, in every level and system of the organism, for each and every patient.
This accurate diagnostic approach allows us to identify and decode the actual Causes of each Disease or symptom.
Functional Medicine Treatment
Functional Medicine employs therapeutic Protocols based on clinical algorithms, which restore deficiencies at a Molecular, Hormonal and Cellular level. They are strictly personalized and their components can be found in conventional and compounding pharmacies.
The Functional Medicine health system is affordable for everybody; it treats people suffering from Chronic, Metabolic and Autoimmune Diseases, as well as people who want to proactively strengthen their health.
We can treat the following categories of Diseases.
- Cholesterol Disorders and Hyperlipidemias
- Chronic Inflammatory Conditions and Chronic Inflammation
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – IBS – “Spastic colitis”
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Migraines and Chronic Headaches
- Sleep and Memory Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Chronic vaginitis, fungal infections
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
- Hashimoto thyroiditis and Graves’ Disease of the Thyroid Gland
- Celiac disease or steatorrhea (gluten-sensitive enteropathy)
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease (IBD)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (S.L.E.)
- Addison’s Disease
- Sjogren Syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
Metabolic Syndrome or X Syndrome (a combination of Obesity – Hypertension – Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – Increased levels of Cholesterol)
Functional Med System is based on International Standards, and thus it develops and implements in parallel Medical Strategies, aiming at:
- Optimal Health Promotion
- Promotion and Implementation of Current Data and New Technologies for Health
- Progress in Research, Studies and Work concerning Metabolic, Chronic and Autoimmune diseases.
- Utilization of All Medical Knowledge and Coordination of All Medical Specialties on a Common Basis
- Development of actions to Increase Physical activity and Improve Proper Diet
- Functional Med System offers its services not only during the Treatment stage, but also before that, at the onset of the Disease.
- It applies and implements the most novel, knowledgeable and state-of- the art options that are available worldwide.